In addition to feeling new energy and joy because we have a new president elect for the United States of America, I am also reflecting on what kind of year 2020 has been and some of the big ideas that have resonated for me this crazy year of 2020.
- This is a big one for me that I heard from the lips of Steve Olsher. He said, “Stop stepping over dollars to get to dimes.” This message may resonate for you, too, especially if you have been working really hard to sell information products or courses with modest price points. I've always taken pride in creating tools and training of lasting value. There is no doubt that I've done that over the decades. I still get love notes from clients who purchased the first edition of the Bye-Bye Boring Bio Workbook in 2009 and continue to sing the praises of the workbook. The 147 Powerful Ways to Boost Profits and Boost Your Business with Free Publicity have served as a PhD in publicity for thousands of spotlight seekers. Some of my time tested and proven templates have been downloaded by over 10,000 aspiring speakers around the world. My passion project — the Life Goes on Roadmap system for personal financial information organization — has touched the lives of thousands of families around the world who realize that getting their acts together before life hits another bump in the road must be a priority. These offerings are high quality and accessible to action takers with $100 or less in their budget to create a result that matters to them. For a good long time, I've stepped over dollars to get to dimes from a place of service and contribution. The focus on the bigger impact I make has taken a back seat. Steve Olsher's words hit me squarely between the eyes in a way that I could hear and embrace them. Grateful to have finally gotten the message with a phrase that can definitely pay when you take it in fully.
- Steve Olsher said this, too: “You can't chase two rabbits and catch one.” As a creative entrepreneur, my bright ideas come fast and furious. No one implements better than I do. However, managing multiple initiatives at the same time has not been anywhere near as fruitful for me as relentless focus on a specific path forward. In 2020, I got to clarity on this finally and put 100% of my focus on ONE PATH. Guess what happened? New leads, new conversations, new connections, new collaborations, new clients, and lots of client success. Relentless focus on one path is the best path.
- Stop being a side dish and be the main dish. For a variety of reasons, I've positioned my expertise over the years as a side dish instead of the main dish. That's over.
- Your work deserves a much wider audience. This has become my rallying cry for my clients as well as for myself. If we've learned anything in 2020 it is that tomorrow is not a promise. Waiting to speak up and make our biggest goals a reality is not a luxury any of us can afford. Playing small is also a disservice to all the potential people who can benefit from the magic we all bring to the marketplace and the world. Step up now. Get booked on the bigger shows. Create your own show. Why not now and why not you?
- See, hear, guide and celebrate clients in ways that surprise, delight and astound. There has never been a more welcome time to be a caring human being who serves beyond expectations than right now.
What BIG IDEAS are resonating for you as you look ahead to 2021?
Please comment while aiming high as you look ahead for your own best contributions still to come.